I’m Rosanne Ullman, the owner of Write My Memoirs. When you arrange a call, you’ll speak with me. I’m also likely to be your coach and editor.
Why would you want to work with me?
I’m an excellent, accomplished writer and editor with a Master’s Degree from Northwestern University’s esteemed Medill School of Journalism. I’m ethical, nice, non-judgmental and easily accessible. I champion all of our authors as I help each of you to share your life, your truth, in your own voice.
I fell in love with the art and craft of memoir in the early 2000s, when Write My Memoirs founder Sheldon Gray hired me to develop content for the website, which he created when he found no help online to write his own memoir. After working with me for a couple of years, Sheldon brought me on as his business partner. Unfortunately, Sheldon died in 2013. Now I rely on a small circle of trusted professionals to help me help you, and I watch Sheldon’s dream come to life every day as people write and publish their stories.
In addition to my memoir specialty, I have a long and broad professional writing/editing career that includes:
- Dozens of recent, and not-so-recent, bylined articles you can read here.
- Decades of reporting, writing and editing for and about the professional beauty industry.
- 20 years of teaching a grammar and writing course I designed for the New Trier eXtension adult education program outside of Chicago. The writing course included in our packages is based on that course.
- Current co-admin for the popular Facebook group “Grammar Matters.”
- Inclusion of flash fiction in the Summer 2022 issue of Meat for Tea the Valley Review.
I hope you sign up with Write My Memoirs and the website motivates you to write your unique, important story. We’re here to help you every step of the way.